This past weekend I made one of my families favorite meals, White Bean and Kale Soup with Chicken Sausage. It’s one of those “healthy” meals that everyone will eat. It can be hard sometimes to get my 3 -year -old to eat kale and he eats this soup up. I usually pair the soup with Jiffy cornbread, it’s just so easy and simple to make. This time however I did not have a box sitting in my pantry so I decided to make my own.
I wasn’t sure how these would turn out, but they turned out great. My son was the first taste tester and he asked for seconds! They are moist with a touch of buttery and sweet taste. Sorry Jiffy you have been replaced!
Check out recipe below:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup oatflour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400³F.
- Grease bottom and side of muffin pan with olive oil.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl with hand beater or wire whisk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until flour is moistened.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- serve and enjoy.
- *may add more sugar if you like it sweeter