Are you familiar with the Paleo Diet? It has become increasingly popular lately, but dates back to our ancestors. It’s based on the Caveman era, where food was hunted for or found. These foods include lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, shellfish, nuts and seeds.
Today I want to share with you a very simple Paleo lunch I packed in my Bento -Ware. If you haven’t checked them out yet, head over to their facebook page and take a look at the Laptop Lunches they are featuring this month.
- 4oz Salmon
- 1 cup broccoli
- baked sweet potatoes
- 12 oz salmon fillet
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place salmon fillets on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Rub olive oil on salmon.
- In a small bowl, mix together your cumin, chili powder, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to sprinkle on your toppings on your salmon and then your hand to pat into your salmon.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked.