I decided to change things up and try something different for breakfast instead of my normal oatmeal. I found Hodgson Mill Multi Grain Cereal with Milled Flaxseed and Soy and decided to give it a try. The back of the box had a muffin recipe and lucky for me I had all the ingredients. I love it when that happens! I adapted the recipe a little and made a few changes. They turned out great!
- 1 cup Hodgson Mill Multi Grain Cereal with Milled Flaxseed and Soy
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk, (can be skim)
- 2 eggs, or 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 400º. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or grease muffin cups. Blend together dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended. Batter will be thick; spoon into muffin cups. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
What’s your favorite breakfast carb?