I wrote a review on About Time protein and also shared some recipes with you. The last protein powder I am going to review is banana. This recipe turned out better than I expected. It tasted exactly like banana nut bread, and the best part is my husband had no clue it was clean or had protein powder in it.
Protein Banana Nut Bread
- 1 cup oat flour ( I used ground gluten free rolled oats)
- 1 scoop About Time banana protein powder ( could sub for vanilla)( Kid friendly sub 1/2 cup oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 overripe banana mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup sucanat ( could sub for stevia)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix mashed banana, greek yogurt, egg white and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl mix oat flour, protein powder, all spice, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sucanent and walnuts.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Add mix to loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Serving size: 8 slices
Nutritional Info: 132 cals, 4.6g fat, 17.6g carbs, 6.6g protein, 9.6g sugar
This bread was very flavorful,sweet and moist. It’s a great option for breakfast, snack and pre workout. So if you asked me which protein I enjoyed most, I would say banana. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Winner of the About Time protein powder is….
The Birthday Cake sounds amazing!!! Thanks for finding this! I have been looking for a clean protein
Please email me your address and flavor!
If you did not win you can still use my coupon code Livefitjourney10 at checkout for 25%. They also offer sample packs if you would like to try a flavor before you buy a tub.