I can’t believe how easy dinner was tonight. My in-laws were in town and asked me to prepare a clean meal for them. I really didn’t know what to make and was limited on groceries. Luckily I had some chicken in the freezer and some veggies in the refrigerator. I decided to bake the chicken, acorn squash and veggies for a healthy southern style meal. At the last-minute I decided to whip up some whole wheat biscuits to complete the meal.
They loved the meal and also reminded my husband how lucky he was. I love when people like my clean meals.
This meal was so easy and only took me 20 minutes to prep. Your family will love it and is also a great meal for guest new to clean eating.
Baked Chicken with Veggies
- Wash and season 2 lbs of thin sliced chicken breast.
- Season with 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Spicy and Herb & Onion. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish with carrots and peppers
- Spray olive oil over chicken and bake uncovered at 350 degree for 30 minutes.
Whole Wheat Biscuits
- 1/2 cups Almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Mix wet and dry ingredients separate in a mixing bowl. Then add both wet and dry together. Dough will be a little sticky. Form 6 small biscuits and place in muffin tins with olive oil. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Baked Acorn Squash
- Cut Acorn Squash in half and remove seeds
- Add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and honey to both sides
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and vanilla to both sides
- Cook at 350 for 50 minutes.