I am very excited to start baking with pumpkin, Fall is truly my favorite Season. I love the cool air, autumn leaves and all things pumpkin. It is starting to cool down here in Charleston, not much but enough to feel a little like Fall. I picked up 2 cans of pumpkin yesterday and couldn’t wait to get started on baking. My husband went into work at 10am this morning so I decided to make us pancakes, our favorite. When I make a recipe I sometimes don’t think much about it, I just add things that sound yummy and hope for the best. Well today my pancakes turned out Amazing! First pumpkin recipe of the season was a success! You must try these.
Almond Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour or coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp organic sucanat ( you could use stevia too or omit sugar)
1.Combine the oat flour, almond flour , protein powder ,sucanat, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pecans, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
2. In a separate bowl combine the almond milk, pumpkin puree and coconut oil and mix until well blended. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just
3. Heat griddle,medium heat with coconut oil. Pour about 1/3 cup of
mix onto griddle. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until
lightly browned. Be careful when flipping pancakes, mix is not very dense. Wait until you see bubbles form on top of pancake before you flip.
Great Breakfast for the whole family!
Love pancakes? You might also like these Almond Banana Protein Pancakes!