I woke up this morning and realized I did not have any egg whites and I was pretty bummed about this. I haven’t gone to the grocery store, so I didn’t have many other options that sounded good. I settled for a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. Jeremiah on the other hand had cheerios, whole wheat waffle, strawberries and yogurt. I was pretty jealous of his awesome breakfast and he ate it all! So today we are off to the grocery store to pick up some items that I always use throughout the week. These items also need replenished almost weekly.
- Egg Whites
- Chobani or Fage Greek yogurt ( usually the one that is on sale)
- Veggies ( Asparagus, broccoli and spinach)
- Ground chicken or turkey
I also need to get dinner for today. I wanted something simply and easy, so I decided on Taco Soup. Great Family meal too!
Taco Soup Ingredients:
- 1 pack ground turkey or chicken
- 1 (28oz) can of low sodium organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- fresh jalapeno pepper chopped*( add last and set aside a bowl for jeremiah before I add pepper)
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth-reduced sodium
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning ( I use trader joes)
- salt and peper to taste
Cook meat separate and drain any oil. Combine all ingredients in pot and bring to a boil then place heat on low and cover for 30 minutes on low. Serve with brown rice or tortilla chips. I make my own chips with corn tortillas. Cut tortilla into 4 pieces, I use about 4 tortillas for 16 chips. Season with olive oil and garlic powder. Place on pan and cook for 5 minutes at 400.
I hope everyone has a great week! Don’t forget to enter the NatureBox Giveaway Here.
What are you having for dinner?